Dancing in the Rain

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, Chris_W, redcrx

Dancing in the Rain

Postby Mary Ann » Jul 16, 2008 11:44 pm

Sharp-eyed Dr. Dave noticed this in my garden on Sunday, misting on Dancing in the Rain. Four leaves look like this, the rest are white centers. Registration says "centers develop light green frosting in the heat". I didn't know that.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Mary Ann

Dancing in the Rain

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby DBoweMD » Jul 17, 2008 7:25 am

I didn't remember it either at first, and questioned the identity, but then decided it was probably correct. I don't have the plant in my garden. Mary Ann has some real beauties there.
I need to get my cables together and post some pics myself!
DBoweMD

Dancing in the Rain

Postby Marlys » Jul 17, 2008 9:04 am

Mary Ann,

Thank you for so graciously opening your garden to all us Hallsonites Sunday morning.
I really enjoyed our visit & meeting the Linda #3. Three gals all named 'Linda' in the garden at the same time is fun. :lol: We were disappointed that we did not have time to visit Linda #3's garden also. :cry:
Your Cinnamon ferns traveled well. Thank you for the thoughtful gift. I am really getting turned-on by 'ferns' these days.
It felt so comfortable sitting around your patio table, drinking coffee & eating cookies with 'Hosta Friends'. It was a really good time. Your garden is a little piece of Heaven in the city.
Thank you, again :!:
Connie & I had a good trip arriving home after 6:00 PM. Then there was unpacking & my containers that were badly in need of watering.
The whole convention was a great experience but coffee in the garden with friends is always on the top of my list of favorite things to-do :wink:

MM
Marlys

USDA Zone: 5B

Postby Linda P » Jul 18, 2008 9:06 am

Ditto what Marlys said.... :D
It was a fitting finale to a good weekend of hosta fun.
Your gift fern made it not so bad that I didn't have enough time to shop the vendors at the show.
I was hoping to go up to justaysam's, too, but was just too tired to make the effort.
Hope I didn't scare anyone with my indecision about that one lane change! Linda was labeling the gardens in the convention handbook with the order we visited them in, and was showing me the pictures....and I wasn't sure which lane to be in! Turns out I was in the right one to begin with, so I'm sorry if I freaked anyone out! Either way took us where we needed to be.
Oh, and back on topic, I went out and looked at my Dancing in the Rain, and found one leaf beginning to change. I remember when I got it three years ago from Freaky in the secret trade, it was a very hot summer, and it went almost all green by fall. Last year it kept the color all the way through.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Linda P

Return to Hosta Forum