Francee with a streaked eye.

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, Chris_W, redcrx

Postby redcrx » Jul 20, 2017 8:52 pm

I found a Francee last season with streaked piece on it last season. I left it in the pot and the streaked piece showed-up this season. It was too hot to work in the garden this morning so I decided to break up this pot and pull the streaked piece off.
Francee with sport 16 17 2990b.jpg

Francee sport 16 17 2996.jpg

Francee sport 16 17 2997.jpg

Flower on streaked piece:
Francee sport 16 17 f 2991b.jpg

The main plant went back into the pot and a small piece of Francee also got potted. I potted the streaked piece but may put it in the ground where the original pot had been growing.
Francee piece and sport 16 17 3003b.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
redcrx

USDA Zone: 6b

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: Francee with a streaked eye.

Postby Tigger » Jul 21, 2017 9:19 pm

Fancy Francee :)
Tigger

USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Re: Francee with a streaked eye.

Postby redcrx » Jul 22, 2017 7:38 am

Yes, that's what is looks like (at least in the first Hosta Library photo) - viewtopic.php?f=1&t=48349

But looking at the single piece, it's not all streaked - only one side. I will have to wait until next season to see if a full piece develops similar to this old topic (when "Stephanie in Moonlight" came off 'Gold Standard') viewtopic.php?f=1&t=53129
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
redcrx

USDA Zone: 6b

Return to Hosta Forum