Just thought someone else might like to try these. I got the recipe from another forum, but have made annotations. When I make these I can't stop eating them -- they're sort of a cross between a sticky-bun and a pecan pie in texture and flavor.
It's a good time of year for 'em anyway.Pecan Pie Muffins
1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
1/2 cup flour
1 cup chopped pecans
2 eggs, beaten
2/3 cup melted butter
1 tsp. vanilla extract
Mix dry ingredients; add wet ingredients. Prepare a mini-muffin pan with cooking
spray. Spoon batter into muffin pan. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Start
testing after about 10 to 15 minutes; if firm to touch and slightly brown, remove
- these mix up surprisingly quick!
- non-stick pans without cooking spray do stick some, and I don't use the spray, so have found it's best to lightly butter the pans
- remove from pans immediately
- I used only 1/2 c butter on my last batch (easier with just one stick) and they were just fine. I also omit the vanilla (just my preference)
- Ideal texture (IMO) is when they've just cooled and are extra crunchy on the outside. But they're great days later too. lol!
- makes about 2 dozen mini-muffins if filled 2/3 full