Chris, I'm really enjoying all the ones we have. I am surprised as I heard that they only sprout if they are fresh seeds. I tossed some of our first year seeds out 2 years ago when I found them, one of those put them in a safe place stories. I just tossed them out due to someone saying they needed to be fresh. I think they were over a year old by the time they were found. Low and behold last year I found several had spouted. So knowing it takes a year for they to establish I found the first of them starting to bloom a couple weeks ago. I grabbed a couple to pot up and to my surprise they are opening nicely. I also was out taking photos of some that are in bud, I currently have 6 beds of them and see the newest bed starting to bud, those were seeds from a hybridizer from Europe.
- New red from the first year crosses.
- 20120211_9b.jpg (10.19 KiB) Viewed 921 times
- The 4th of July one that the post is about. Has new buds coming up from the soil, while still blooming from the fall.
- 20120211_10b.jpg (22.93 KiB) Viewed 921 times
- Another pinkish red from the first year crossing.
- 20120211_8b.jpg (6.38 KiB) Viewed 921 times
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.