Pic of the Day--Venetian Blue

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, Chris_W, redcrx

Postby Hank Zumach » Sep 23, 2007 9:27 am

Hi All--Venetian Blue is very similar in appearance to Elvis Lives, at least in our garden. Venetian Blue, growing in the full shade of our Friendship Garden, starts out the season with a nice blue color that has gradually turned green as the season goes on. Elvis Lives does not show the blue coloring and is about 25% larger than Venetian Blue, which should be about 36x14 a maturity. Last year Venetian Blue measured 22x10 and this year was 24x11.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Hank
Better Gnomes & Gardens
zone 4B-5A
Latitude: 43° 48' 51" N
Hank Zumach

Sponsor

Sponsor

Postby wishiwere » Sep 24, 2007 7:14 am

I received this from the secret trade last year (thanks again Patsue :). I love it's pretty blue shade and form. Problem with mine is that it lost it's shade and must be moved to a shadier location next year. It's in nearly full sun now and although it set seeds and did well without burning, it did turn a bit more green that it should have :(

Very reliable I'd say, as it's taken a beating with the sun this year. :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: http://www.perennialnursery.com/forums/ ... hp?t=39540
wishiwere

USDA Zone: 5

Postby LucyGoose » Sep 24, 2007 6:48 pm

Hi Hank!!

I like my VB.....It's the shape that I like....Sorry, no picture to show....No time for me to look throught the mess to find it...:lol: I have mine on the east side of my house and it does not get any sun there at all.....You'll like it better as it grows I think!

Thanks for all the POD's!!
LucyGoose

Re: Pic of the Day--Venetian Blue

Postby redcrx » Nov 16, 2012 6:46 am

Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
redcrx

USDA Zone: 6b

Return to Hosta Forum