H. 'Dick Ward'

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, Chris_W, redcrx

H. 'Dick Ward'

Postby Don_in_Colorado » Sep 23, 2015 1:25 am

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don_in_Colorado

USDA Zone: 5a

H. 'Dick Ward'

Sponsor

Sponsor

Re: H. 'Dick Ward'

Postby redcrx » Sep 23, 2015 8:36 am

Nice! Mine's falling apart which is actually good. I have Red October near it that was getting covered by the huge leaves. Now the Red October can show itself and its flowers.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
redcrx

USDA Zone: 6b

Postby redcrx » Sep 23, 2015 12:08 pm

Whoops, I was thinking about Royal Flush right next to Dick Ward - they both have Red October too near them. I did move a Red October out of the space last Spring because I could see what was happening as these plants mature. Next Spring I will probably move a couple more of the Red October out of this space.

The Dick Ward is looking a little ratty but some leaves are still nice.
Dick Ward 15 01815.JPG

Dick Ward 15 01816.JPG

Dick Ward 15 01817.JPG

Dick Ward 15 01818.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
redcrx

Postby redcrx » Jun 16, 2017 9:28 am

Dick Ward coming into flower with Royal Flush on the left and Yellow River on the right (getting really big). That's Liberty in the bottom/right corner. Along the bottom edge of the photo is Lakeside Ninita and Lemon Frost.
Dick Ward 17 1235.jpg
redcrx

Return to Hosta Forum